We at Bright Side have come up with our very own cellulite-fighting program which will take you about one hour every day to follow. The result you get by the end of the month can be seriously impressive. So why not start today?!
#7: Sea salt baths
Draw a warm bath (about 110°F), and add 200-500 g of sea salt. If you want to enhance the anti-cellulite effect, use more salt. Immerse your lower body from the hips down. You can rinse right after the procedure, or leave the salt for another 30 minutes. Finish with light pressure warming massage.
Duration: 15-20 minutes. Less if you feel skin irritation.
#6: Organic body scrub
Natural exfoliating scrubs can improve blood circulation, leaving your skin smooth and healthy. Check out one of the best recipes by Simply Stacie: 1 cup sea salt + 1/4 cup olive oil. Here’s another easy and effective one: 1 cup ground coffee or coffee grounds mixed with 1 cup sugar or salt + a few drops of olive oil.
Apply some scrub after steaming your skin. Massage using circular motions from the bottom up. Scrub cellulite away twice a week when in the shower or sauna.
Duration: 10 minutes.
#5: Workout plan
The most effective way to fight cellulite is to combine a healthy diet with physical exercises. Start with an ABL program (available at any gym). It includes cardiovascular and strength exercises which target your abdomen, buttocks, and legs (ABL). You can also try home workouts: one of the 6 most effective exercises is shown above.
Directions: Place your hands on the floor, and assume the same position as when doing push-ups. Next, bend your right leg, and bring your knee to your stomach. Then straighten your leg, and lift it 5-8 inches off the floor. Repeat with your left leg. Perform 3 sets of 8 reps. More exercises can be found here.
Frequency: Alternate 2 days of working out with 1 day of rest.
Duration: 40 minutes.
#4: Olive oil & fish oil
Olive oil and fish oil are rich in unsaturated fatty acids that help your body regulate lipid metabolism while moisturizing your skin and improving its firmness. You can take 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil every morning. As for fish oil, a couple of one-month courses a year will work wonders for your skin. The best method is to take fish oil capsules with food.
#3: Healthy diet & water intake
- More protein, fiber, complex carbohydrates, and other products rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids. The dish in the picture above is a perfect example, combining chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli: lots of proteins, fiber, and vitamins but only 300 calories per 100 g. Check Dinner at the Zoo for more healthy recipes.
- Less pastry, salty food, sweets, fast food, ready-to-cook food, and alcohol (an occasional glass of red wine is okay).
- The 10 best anti-cellulite foods: bananas, grapefruits, sunflower seeds, ginger, oily fish, olive oil, cabbage, oatmeal, avocado, eggs.
- Water intake: drink 1.5-2 liters of water, an important “building” material in our lymphatic system. Remember that a decrease in lymph drainage is one of the main reasons for the formation of cellulite.
#2: Metabolism-boosting drinks
Nutrition specialists consider ginger to be one of the best food products to help you lose weight. It reduces swelling by removing excess fluid from the body. Lemons are also on their list. They work their magic in your kidneys, help eliminate toxins, and regulate digestion. More drinks to combat cellulite and weight loss are here.
Duration: 10 minutes.
#1: Сontrast shower & massage
Use exfoliating bath gloves to massage your problem areas every time you take a shower. Start from your feet, and move upward to the hips and buttocks using a circular motion. Massage your arms from wrists to shoulders, and then get to your belly, chest, and back.
Alternating hot and cold water improves your blood circulation and makes your skin smooth and silky.
How to do hot and cold hydrotherapy:
- Start with warm water.
- Slowly increase the temperature up to hot, and stand under the water for 30-90 seconds.
- Turn down the temperature to cold. Stand under cold water for 30-90 seconds.
- Alternate hot and cold water 3-5 times.
- Always finish with cold water.
If you feel energized after taking a shower, it means you’ve done everything right. Start with warm and cold water, then slowly increase the difference in temperatures.
Duration: 10 minutes.
“Before“ and ”After” shots
Don’t forget to take “before“ and ”after” photos to see visible results in just one month!